Vertical Laminar Flow Hoods in stock now- Shipping anywhere in the UK for just £69.99
There’s nothing quite like this when it comes to keeping your mycology projects sterile. Win the war with contamination when you purchase one of these. Serious serial mycologists rejoice at this product hitting our shelves.
If you’d like to launch your mycology research journey to the next level, then this gorgeous gizmo is the perfect choice for you. This beast comes with a commendable 48cm x 45cm working area, easy wipe stainless steel metal paneling and remote control. Retire that old still air box into a mono tub and enjoy contamination free master grain jars, agar plates and liquid cultures. There is so much potential when the formidable Vertical Laminar Flow Hood enters your workspace, including creating your own syringes. The possibilities are truly endless.
Need further confirmation on whether this really works? Well, all of our spore prints, syringes and swabs are cultivated under the watchful eye of this Flow Hood. Needn’t we say more?
More about the Vertical Laminar Flow Hood VD-650
Turn the system on using the included remote control. For the first 18months or until your test plates show contamination. Please use the fan on its lowest speed setting and when needed you may increase to the second speed setting.
· After turning the system on please turn on the Germicidal lamp.
· Allow the Laminar Flow Hood to run for 4hrs for the first use and only 10 mins before normal use.
· When surfaces and internal air have been cleaned for 10 minutes. Please turn off the Germicidal lamp and turn on the Normal Light Florescent Lamp. The germicidal lamp is harmful to human and animal skin and human and animal eyes.
· Please use the Laminar Flow Hood for your Mycological study.
· Turn off when Finished.
· Please run for 4hrs with germicidal lamp on first use out of the box.
Never run the lighting without the fan being on! The fan cools the lighting system.
How does the Laminar Flow Hood Work…… Air comes into the plenum chamber via the primary air filter at the top and centrifugal fan. Then air is blown out through the high efficiency HEPA air filter at the top of the working area. This high-degree clean vertical air curtain will remove natural air in working area. After five minutes, you will have a perfectly clean environment in which to work. This equipment adopts adjustable fan speed to regulate the air volume thus double the filter life span.
The workbench uses the infrared remote control.
A button: fan start (high pressure) after 18months.
B button: fan start (low pressure) first 18months.
C button: lighting.
D button germicidal lamp.
ON / OFF button- Turn on or shut down machine.
Work surface should be placed in a clean environment. If placed in a dusty or damp space the filter life will be dramatically shortened. Plug in the 220V AC power and start up. Before starting, please clean up the working surface and outer shell to remove the surface dust. After ten minutes, the equipment can be used in normal operation.
Maintenance…..1. According to the actual situation, the primary air filter will be removed to clean and installed after drying. Cleaning cycle is generally 3-6 months. (If the user doesn’t clean for a long time, dust will lead to reduce air volume, reducing the clean effect). 2. In normal operation 18months after the fan speed has been increased to the higher setting or when the HEPA filter shows to be faulty. The HEPA filter must be replaced.
· Cleanliness: Class 100 (Fed 209E)
· No. of colony: Dish (90) H
· Air velocity: 0.25-0.45m/s (Adjustable)
· Noise: <=62dB (A)
· Half peak vibration: <=0.5Um (x, y, z Direction)
· Illumination: >=300Lx
· Power supply: AC 220V/60Hz
· Maximum power: 200W
· Weight: 50kg/110lbs
· Working dimensions: 19″x15″x18″
· Overall dimension: 25″x19″x33″
· For persons: Single Side
· Size & No. of HEPA: 18.8″X18″X1.5″
· Size & No. of lights and UV lamps: 10WX1/10WX1
· 2 Year Manufacturer’s warranty.
If you’ve made it this far, you must be really interested. Still have doubts? Call us up and have a chat. We’ve got an expert ready and waiting to answer any and all questions you may have.
Don’t Miss Out!
Why not give Shiny Spores a follow!