Sprinkle bags are the next generation of Rye Grain Mushroom Grow kits. These amazing little bags are capable of auto fruiting in as little as 45 days at 26-27c.
The New Sprinkle bags Auto Fruiting system supersede the older style of Grain based Mycoboxes. They now have the capacity to hold two times the substrate of the previous 1200ml Mycoboxes!
These sprinkle bags are incredibly efficient, and have superseded the older style of grain based Mycoboxes with their ease and simplicity.
All it took was removing the container to let our mycelium thrive. The ability to thoroughly mix the spores and the substrate within the bag has made all the difference to the colonization times.
We’ve included a casing layer of vermiculite in order to speed up the pinning process up. Simply release the sprinkles when the grain substrate is fully colonized, and sit back as you watch your project grow.
Sealed grow systems like our sprinkle bags, light bags and inject and forget bags have far fewer steps involved, which allow you to harvest your first project with little to no hiccups involved within the process. Our aim has been to provide an almost automatic system of colonizing and harvesting your projects, to allow you to grow confident with the process before you move on to bigger harvests. They’re also ideal if you fancy dipping your toes in the world of mycology. This is by far our easiest and simplest kit yet.
We strongly advise our customers against mixing the grain substrate prior to releasing the sprinkles. Do not mix the sprinkles and the grain substrate. Just release the sprinkles, and bring your bag into the light.
We strongly recommend keeping your bag within 26-27c from start to finish. When your project is ready to fruit, you must bring the sprinkle bag into the light and this kit will automatically fruit for you. Make sure you do not shine light directly at your project from close-up as it will negatively effect the growth of your mycelium.
- Before injecting your bag, ensure to wipe the injection port with the included alcohol swab. Do not heat or wipe the spore syringe needle as it comes pre-sterilized and any attempt to sterilize it further may cause contamination.
- In a sterile environment, inject your spores into the bag and incubate in the dark.
- After injection, place your bag within an incubator & fruiting chamber. Signs of life within your bag should appear within 7-10 days.
- When you see germinated spores have formed a 50p size lump of mycelium, you can mix the white mycelium throughout the grain substrate. This should speed up colonization. Return the bag to its upright position so the golden vermiculite is on top, and return to the chamber.
- Mix the substrate once again soon after the mycelium starts to reform. Doing this will not damage the mycelium. Ensure you break up any clumps and mix the life throughout the substrate. Do not mix if you aren’t seeing signs of mycelium, they may need a little bit longer.
- Incubate again until full colonization has occurred.
- Once the cake is fully colonized you can drop the vermiculite sprinkles by removing the lower sealer stick. The vermiculite layer acts as a humidity shield, which prompts the mycelium to start rapidly pinning.
- When the substrate is fully white within five days of the last mix, it’s considered fully colonized and ready to fruit. At this stage you need to move the bag into the light, keeping it on a heat mat to maintain it’s temperature and humidity.
- From this point, your bag should fully fruit in as little as two weeks (permitting you’ve kept your project between 26-27c).
- When ready to harvest, simply open the bag to harvest- no misting of fanning necessary! Reach in and remove mature mushrooms by grasping, twisting and pulling them free from your substrate. Feel free to leave smaller mushrooms for a few more days until they’ve reached maturity. With this process, you’ll be able to harvest your first flush within 35-45 days (strain dependent).
- When all the mushrooms have been removed and weighed in their wet state, you can add 80% of the harvested mushrooms weight in water to the substrate. Seal up your bag once more and await your next harvest! Make sure to follow the steps above once more to ensure multiple harvests from your one bag!
What you will receive
Your sprinkle bag comes with an alcohol swab for the injection port ONLY. The bag itself has 1.5kg of rye within it, with a top section filled with golden vermiculite. It also comes with two, reusable bag sealers.
Don’t Miss Out!
Why not give Shiny Spores a follow!
Please note that it is illegal to grow magic mushrooms within the UK. We ask that you do not use these spores to grow mushrooms, but instead use them to study under a microscope. We cannot be held liable for any illegal use of these spores. Please check your local regulations as we cannot be responsible for the laws you should follow in your own country.